View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 03:10 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 850Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAN_CT View Post
I have to pick up my 2012 X5 3.5 M-sport this week. Unfortunately, when the car entered production I found out that the m-sport package has a major problem with the paint chipping. The car has to be protected with 3m/stone guard package from day one. My CA, as expected, did not agree to anything and promised to talk to his manager. In my opinion, it is cheaper for BMW to install this protection at their expense rather than repaint rocker panels, fender flares, etc. and have an unhappy customer. Has anyone tried to get this protection at dealerís expense before the pick up? Any help, advice is appreciated.
I'm just curious -- where did you hear that the M-sport pkg has "major problem with paint chipping"? I'd not heard this before. Are the M-sport pkg panels made from different material than the non-M-sport? In my experience with non-M-sport X5s, the panels tend to chip less than any other BMWs I've owned. Oh, also, don't tailgate trucks on the highway, and the number of stone chips goes way down!

2014 X5 35d
2010 750i
1996 850Ci
1988 635CSi