View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 04:07 PM

Mein Auto: Morgan+8, (EvaGT), X3 F25
Quote:
Originally Posted by colson79 View Post
I'm still on the fence about buying the snap-in adapter because I think it is way overpriced. (the adapter cost more that the iPhone 4) I am curious about the external antenna function though and I can't find anything on the web showing support for an external antenna but that doesn't mean it doesn't work. If someone has the adapter and is willing to test it for us, you can put the iPhone into field services mode to get the exact signal strength using the snap-in adapter and without. When in field services mode it with show the exact signal strength in DB. Here is a short article showing how to get it into Field services mode. http://gizmodo.com/5633290/test-your...mode-in-ios-41
I for one can understand your concerns as my own feelings have been up and down like 'whores draws'. Having been through the mill with this challenge, now that the system is working correctly and understood by both myself and my dealer, I like my cradles very much indeed!
I have tried an iPhone 3GS & 4S, both in and out of their cradle,in a very poor signal area with positive results. Both phones sounded better from both ends when in the cradle. Not very scientific but that is the best I can do presently.
I will try the signal strength test too one of these fine days.
Hope this helps?