View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 12:17 AM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0mersimps0n View Post
Paid for BMW apps and am wholly disappointed. Doesn't include $260 snap in adapter that does nothing more than improve cell reception through shark fin (bfd)

Pandora not working because of ios5 and no sight of relief there

If I get txt message no way to see it if phone is buried in console and no way to talk to Siri from within the armrest either.

So, for those also thinking idrive/connected drive integration is lacking and having better access to phone is needed- where you mounting your phone and with what?

I'm going to try the griffin cupholder mount with a tucked black extension iPhone cable. Will post back if I think it's working...

Thoughts?
Hmmm dont have that problem with my Alpine H/U. Plays Sirius/XM, Pandora, controls from steering wheel work great, I can see all the cover art and text in the 2 inch screen.

People bashed me when I originally did this 4 years ago but I dont have to run to the dealer for updates everytime my droid is updated either.

Maybe not as elegantly interfaced with console, but always does what I ask and more.

One of the reasons I bash BMW for their electronics. Always several years behind when it comes to audio and interface.

Hope you get it fixed.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more