Thread: iDrive
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 06:40 PM

Mein Auto: 650Ci
iDrive

Excuse me for venting but iDrive is s#&t. I enjoy driving my 06 vert every day but from day 1 iDrive has been an issue. And now into my 5th year with the car, iDrive only becomes that much more frustrating. My dealer has tried everything to get the system to work properly and even agreed to extend my warranty. But thats not the point. What I want is iDrive functionality. This morning it look minutes for the screen to respond to my controller movements. It seems the cold weather has a bad influence on the software or computer or both.

At this point I don't even bother to take the car in for service even though the dealer offers to go over the system yet again. The iDrive technology was simply not ready for prime time. I know this because the BMW loaners with the newest version of iDrive respond to inputs without hesitation. I would strongly urge BMW to develop and offer updated software or issue a TSB to help owners with older models of iDrive units to consistently obtain the basic functionality the owner's manual describes.
Ads by Google