View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 10:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 X5 35d
No Lemonade...just lemons from BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentStrange View Post
Don't know a lot about how it works yet - I actually did move so my repair experience is at 2 dealers so I think they call the last one to work on it I think. Don't know how this impacts the dealer(s) - don't think it really should since they didn't manufacture the car and just follow BMW's instructions on how to fix the codes indicated (which is also what they told me on my 5th fix visit - said they couldn't do anything BMW didn't tell them to do - almost like an apology).
Update on my lemon X5d: Well so after a month of nothing...the dealer offers me a "trade assist" that would cost me 6K to get into a new 2012 X5d. Considering they've fixed the same thing 5 times in 2 years, seems I'm lemon law qualified I was expecting something a little better - last thing I want to do is spend more money to get out of this problem. Seems they don't use the state way of calculating use - they quadrupled the mileage from my first occurrence to drastically reduce my trade value - they're using 30 days in the shop mileage vs. first occurrence - this common? They are not offering a buy back.

So is this typical for BMW in these deals - offer you something crummy...then what?

They also threatened me if I mentioned arbitration they'd shut the door and send me to customer service to deal with - whatever that means.

Not impressed with BMW customer service with these lemon deals at this point...makes we want out of the brand more than ever.

Any advice to speed this along to a favorable resolution would be appreciated.