View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 05:07 AM
Sejanus

Mein Auto: From BMWs to Porsches
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno787 View Post
I'm in charge of body and paint repairs for a transport company, so I guess I'm gonna play safe and go with the factory painted bumper. My deductible is close to the cost of a primered bumper so a prepainted one would be best (value for money wise)

Since I'm on auto painting, I always see the minutest of paint imperfections from the thickness of paint, spray pattern of metallic flakes down to the texture of the orange peel, I always find fault with any body shop paint repair. Lol.

Maybe if I order a factory painted one, I'll have fewer reasons on faulting it since its painted at the same plant where my old bumper was

I oversee several auto repairs a day but when it comes to my personal car.......it becomes.....Personal.
So, you posted this thread for affirmation then?

Curiously, if as you say you oversee auto repairs, then most certainly you have seen the affects of weather, car detailing, and age on body paint...subtle, but nonetheless. I think you will see a difference...not up close, but standing from a distance you'll see it.

"You think that's air you're breathing now?"
-Morpheus