View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by terri_atl View Post
Hi yikes98, the battery is not in my trunk. You did refer to the battery located at the back right? No, the battery for mine is in the front.What you said is very true, it is indeed awkward to put a huge panel on the dash.
Terri,

Yes, your car's battery really is in the trunk (part of the BMW 50/50 weight distribution), but it is hidden under/behind the interior liner. What is in the front is just a set of hookups or jumperpoints. I have an '09 cabrio that doesn't get a lot of road time. It's a daily driver but it only takes me 15 or so minutes to get to and from work. However, we really do our best to take it out on the weekends and run it. In 18 months of ownership I've not had any battery issues. When we go out of town I lock the car to insure it has gone to sleep. If you live in a condo and don't have a private garage I cannot imagine why your car is behaving so badly unless it really never is driven for more than 5 minutes at a time. Pull out your owner's manual. It will show you the true location of your battery - not just the "jump points" under the hood.

Good luck but I think your car is just begging to be driven more-- much more.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793