View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 04:16 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebmw View Post
here u r, well I can try the 3rd gear thing in manual and let u know what happens! but yeah it was driving %100, is it possible when it gets hot?
to answer your question, when i was reversing, I was almost in full stop when I put it in drive, but what happened it didnt engage in D fast enough, so my foot on the gas pedal was faster than the gear itself, thats when the clunk happened and then the whole story.
u mentioned in earlier post the filter inside the gearbox, what about that? thanx Gerry
Hey Zee

Well i have absoultely no worries that you have an internal fault, if this clunk has only happened the once with trans fail progm appearing on the dash, then im 99.9 per cent certain that the stator which id part of the one way clutch and torque convertor did not distribute the flow of directional oil quickly enough to drive the torque, hence the fast gas pedal while the car was still in motion ( moving ) the filter would only need changing if you experienced this on more than one occassion, the easiest way to check if the particle filter is clogged is to drain a small plastic cup full say about one quarter and check for small particles and also smell it for burning trans oil, burning oil is where the particle filter and the gearbox oil cooler keps the flow of oil at a nice operating temp.

Keep me posted but if your saying that this has happened only the once then you have no worries with any fault,i know the gearbox components like the back of my hand and i can assure you that if and when they fail then you would be experiencing a lot more issues to do with loss of gear.

Best wishes

Gerry