View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes98 View Post
Long immobilization period
The vehicle was parked for a very long period. The vehicle has a standard closed-circuit current consumption of 10 - 40 mA, depending on the equipment fitted. This leads to slow but continuous battery discharge. Depending on the state of charge of the battery when the vehicle is parked, the residual capacity necessary to start the vehicle is reached after an immobilization period of approx. 4 - 12 weeks. If possible, point out these facts to the customer.
This sounds like my 2006 330xi (and previously my 1999 328i but that didn't have as much electronics). My 330xi was almost fully loaded including navigation, PDC, Comfort Access, and Premium Sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes98 View Post
Unfavorable driving profile
The battery can be depleted due to unfavorable driving characteristics of the customer:
- In the case of extreme short-distance driving, it is possible that starting the engine takes more energy from the battery than is charged in the subsequent trip. The charge balance deteriorates if a great many current consumers are switched on during the subsequent trip.
- Very few trips: If the vehicle is moved very infrequently and the individual trips are not sufficiently long, it is possible that during the immobilization period more energy is taken from the battery by normal closed-circuit current than is charged while the vehicle is being driven.
If possible, point out these facts to the customer.
This sounds like my daily driver which was, up until the end of October, a 2001 X5 4.4i (which was almost base). My 2007 X5 4.8i is almost fully loaded with navigation, PDC, heated seats (front / rear), heated wheel (the heated items I'm taking advantage of this week), rear climate, and DVD entertainment to name a few of the electronic consumers. I'm anxious to see if I encounter any problems.