View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by terri_atl View Post
sunny: Yes, I guess I was quite taken aback when the Service Advisor and the tech guy kept zoomed in on my few miles in the car , advised to put in more miles, drive to far away places. I forgot to ask about the "#1 Cause was Terminal 15 was on". If my driving habit is the sole cause, there should only be 1 cause noted. And of cos they have noted "Not enough driving performed to keep batt supplied". But say even my car has few miles, how if they are all highway miles? cos they never ask me where I drive my car before handing me that diagnosis. Am I making sense here? Hmmm..

You are completely right about the battery should give me another 7 months. I guess I need to start a log to monitor the battery after I get a chance to get the battery fully charged once. Do u think I should call the service center and let them know the warning sign showed up again?

Any comment about if one should cut off the engine while the car has stopped but will take off 15 mins later? Cos gathered from some posts here, I now understand the electricity needed to start the engine may be more than the driving can help to recharge. But would it be bad if I don't cut off the engine?
My recommendation is to take it back to BMW, let them know the problem is still occurring despite your increased drive time, and insist they replace the battery.