Thread: 328i v 335i
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 09:44 PM

Send a message via MSN to JonF30
Mein Auto: Passat B5.5
My past two cars have had the VW 1.8T and 2.0T. Another good turbo 4 (even a better one) doesn't feel like enough of an upgrade on a car costing 10-15k more.

Inline 6 *is the brand* for this child of the 80s. First ride was in a relative's E28 535i manual. The sound it made while accelerating and the overall feel of the car was... memorable. (My parents had a Subaru).

335i standard feature set is pretty complete for me. Wood, roof, 18s, xenons. Sport Pkg would be nice option, but don't care for the look of the "line". 328 needs options that bring the prices close.

No doubt N20 will be a great engine, and seems the right direction for the 3, as long as they keep the 6 as an option. A little harder to take in 50k Z4 or any kind of 5 series though. I know this is where the world is going, but not ready to modernize my thinking yet.

F30 will be my first Bimmer. You guys have been enjoying the inline 6 while I watched from the sidelines. N20 and ZF 8-speed auto may both be superb, but I don't think psychologically I can let my first BMW have a 4 banger and a slushbox.