View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 325i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridario View Post
I got my letter from BMW Canada some time ago, probably early November. I had this issue about 2 years ago on the right side, and fixed it myself according to the aforementioned DIY. Problem solved! I was going to pre-emptively do the same on the left side, but never got around to it. More likely than not, I'll fix the left side over the holidays. It will take far less of my time than having the dealer do it, given transportation and waiting time, but it is tempting just on the principle of making them right this wrong. Not sure whether they'll toss in a free car wash...
I'm with you on the inconvenience of having to take it to the dealer. IN my case it is 3 hours away though, I do go to that city regularly.

I suggested to them I should get a free jacket or something as they are going to get paid by BMWCA for the work I already did. They weren't overly amused by that suggestion.

My problem is fixed so unless they can give me something worthwhile to compensate for the inconvenience, I won't be taking it in.

"It is little use listening to other people as they will either be agreeing with you or saying stupid stuff" - Dogbert

I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world sh!ts on everybody. Pretending it ain't sh!t makes you an idiot, not an optimist.

2004 325i - Sport package - 5MT- clears - CDV mod - M3 gauge faces w/silver gauge rings & red needles - SS exhaust tips - strut tower brace - Hotchkis anti-sway bars -50% tint - shadow grills - roof spoiler - silver CF trim