View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 08:28 AM
U of Dawgs

Mein Auto: 08 535iA Spt/11 X5 35i
Here's one of my older post regarding this issue, and the fix most people have done to bypass the shaky grounding and connection that BMW designed for this tail light carrier/connector. Whichever grounding method the user use, make sure that the connector is still removable without the need for tools as it should be, and provide a vibration proof connection.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=22

What I did is back out the brown terminal from the carrier, and cap it together with two other brown wire, install a male and female spade connector, shrink wrap the exposed ends, and reconnect. Same principle as the second link, just simpler.

-----------------------------------
Nube1Kenobi
2011 X5 35i Sport Activity|Plat Gray/Beige/Dk Poplar|Conv Pkg|Cold WX Pkg|Tech Pkg|Prem Sound|Comfort Seats|Hitch|
2008 535i Mon Blue/Dakota Blk/Dk Poplar|Sports Pkg|Prem Pkg|Cold WX Pkg|Nav|RTTI|PDC|L7|HD|I-Pod/USB|PWR Rr shade|Sports Auto - paddles|Active Stg|Comfort Access|F/D R/seats|Rr DMS Airbags|Adaptive Xenons

Do not argue with an idiot else he lowers you to his level and beat you down with experience..

Last edited by Nube1kenobi; 12-07-2011 at 08:39 AM.