View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 06:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 X35i
Sh-AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy29 View Post
While I did pick the X3, it wasn't because of the superiority of all wheel drive. I think it is accepted that Quattro is the equal or superior to xDrive. I will admit that consensus, can be wrong and I didn't do my test drive in snowy/icy conditions. I also think the best AWD system is probably on my wife's Subaru. I await the insults...
I have an X335i and love it. Subaru makes a good all wheel drive system but, believe it or not, the best all wheel drive system is actually made by Acura - SH-AWD. It can send touque to each wheel, vector torque from side to side like no other system and spin the outer rear wheel faster than the others to propel it around the corner. Other systems can only brake the inside rear wheel which can slow a vehicle down in comparison or can't even do that.

Notice how no competitor to Acura even mentions SH-AWD or does a comparison with it. There's a reason for that.

Having said that, most all wheel drive systems are more than suffient in every day driving. Aparently Lexus has a long way to go with its AWD system based on all the videos I have seen.