View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by terri_atl View Post
Hi Sunny: okie, before I get to send the car in, I received another "Increased Battery Discharge" this morning. Not sure if this has anything to do with the guy who was washing my car has the fob in his pocket for almost an hour. I actually took the car and ran it on highway yesterday and right after I received the "Increased Battery Discharge" today.

Anyway, I emailed the sales person who has apparently left the dealership but went on to another BMW one. He is very nice and replied promptly. He advised BMW batteries are very temperamental. He said if he leaves his M3 sitting in the garage, he will need to drive alot on highways the following week to keep it charged. He said if I don't drive at least 200 miles per week, then there is not enough activity to keep the battery charged.

What is your take on this?
If I remember correctly you've begun to drive the car on the weekends in order to increase the average drive time. Given this and the battery continues to discharge I believe the battery needs to be replaced. I would take it to the dealer and insist they replace the battery.