View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325i with M56
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstrachan View Post
I hear ya but if the lamps are functionon and ther is no "melted" connections...

It could be a bigger job if they have to replace corroded and/or melted parts...!
Mine's all corroded and melted straight through. My question is this; my right rear turn signal doesn't work, my right rear brake light doesn't work. Isn't BMW libel if I'm involved in an accident if they can't supply parts to repair the defect?

I understand the fix 'delay' for those who's lights are functioning, but for those of us without, you think they'll have parts for us right?

By comparison, I've had 3 recalls on my 2001 ML repaired/ replaced; brake light switch under the pedal, brake line rubbing on parts of the undercarriage and the cruise control switch to cancel with the brake not just the stalk lever. Parts were always on hand and dare I say there are about as many MLs (W163) on the road as E46s. All of which were functioning just fine, but fixed under recall campaign while I was at the dealer for other service. MBZ service advisors said they are libel if they don't fix it when it's in the shop.

Isn't BMW exposing themselves to lawsuits for not having parts available? It just doesn't figure.

I know this is a rant and I'm not issuing new information to help other posters and I'm sure FastBob will chime in telling my my M56 is wierd and should be traded for a 'normal' car but regardless thank you for reading my rant.