View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 11:27 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i (loaner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCorney View Post
Mine's all corroded and melted straight through. My question is this; my right rear turn signal doesn't work, my right rear brake light doesn't work. Isn't BMW libel if I'm involved in an accident if they can't supply parts to repair the defect?

I understand the fix 'delay' for those who's lights are functioning, but for those of us without, you think they'll have parts for us right?

By comparison, I've had 3 recalls on my 2001 ML repaired/ replaced; brake light switch under the pedal, brake line rubbing on parts of the undercarriage and the cruise control switch to cancel with the brake not just the stalk lever. Parts were always on hand and dare I say there are about as many MLs (W163) on the road as E46s. All of which were functioning just fine, but fixed under recall campaign while I was at the dealer for other service. MBZ service advisors said they are libel if they don't fix it when it's in the shop.

Isn't BMW exposing themselves to lawsuits for not having parts available? It just doesn't figure.

I know this is a rant and I'm not issuing new information to help other posters and I'm sure FastBob will chime in telling my my M56 is wierd and should be traded for a 'normal' car but regardless thank you for reading my rant.
I would be more worried about a traffic ticket right now and if in your position, would get them fixed and get reimbursed later. I would also carry with me the BMW notification (parts shortage) in the event that you do get pulled over. Not sure if it would necessarily be a "fix it" ticket, but would certainly be a pain.
E46 M3 6MT
E39 528i 5MT
MBz W140 S320
MBz W124 300E (slammed)
(unmentionables in between)
'71 AMC Javelin (4-Spd Stick on the floor)
'67 Pontiac Firebird 'cabrio' (1st car - "the leaker")
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member: BMW CCA