View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 05:44 AM

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528i
1999 528i 5 Speed Manual Hard Shifting

Hey Guys,

I need a little help from the experts. I have done a lot of research, but not sure what exactly the solution should be to my issue.

I have a 1999 BMW 528i with 140k (Vortech V2 supercharged) with a 5 speed manual transmision (I believe the sticker on it is MTL-LT2). Last year I had my clutch and flywheel replaced. Not long after that, I also changed the oil with a Royal Purple (as the shifting was hard when the engine was cold). The shifting got worse so I chaged the oild with Redline and I had same rsults. The shifting in all gears just kept on getting harder (it is not smooth, like I can almost feel the gears when I am shifting especially in high rpms with first and second gear).
It feels about the same when the engine is turned off so I do not think it is the clutch. Also, there is a small play in the stick when in first, second, third gear, and the play gets smaller the higher the gear (about 1/2 inch left and right in first gear).

Any help on where to begin/ continue with trying to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Ludo
Advertisement