View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi M - Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggo16 View Post
Hello! I live in Toronto, Canada, and it takes me 90 minutes everyday to commute. The traffic is usually heavy, and highways are quite often parking lots during rush hours.

I am going to buy a 2012 535i xDrive Sedan, and the Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go is listed as $1,900. Please let me know if it's worth it? I am also going to order the Tech Package, considering that I tend to get tired with bumper to bumper driving condition.

I really appreciate your suggestions. Thank you in advance!
Just received my 535 with ACC and I love it! It's a great option and I'd say get it. However, they call it "Stop & Go" but, it's more like Stop, wake up and press Go. It's really made for slow traffic more than stop and go. The system will slow the car to a stop if needed but, the system quickly disengages if you sit without moving for more than 5 seconds. If the system does disengage, you have to press the "Res" button on your steering wheel or, press the gas to resume.

I'm not sure if there is a way to override and make it true "Stop & Go" but, I can see why it's programmed the way it is - the car is so quiet and insulated to outside noise, with ACC you could easily fall asleep in a traffic jam and your BMW will keep driving its self until you get to a wall!

Worth every penny nonetheless.....