12-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
Join Date: Jan 2009
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
MGP Caliper Covers:
Anybody have any experience or opinions on MGP Caliper Covers:
I was thinking about putting these on my F10 only to hide the hideous calipers and help contain the brake dust.
Unlike other cheap glue-on caliper covers, these seem to be high quality:
- MGP Caliper Covers are laser cut from 6061-T6 aerospace aluminum.
- Bridge union is TIG welded for strength.
- Graphics applied using proprietary CNC high speed engraving techniques.
- Hydraulically formed to fit OEM brake caliper configuration.
- Patented stainless steel fastening system is secured with locking nut.
- High quality powder coated finish for all-weather toughness and durability.
Pricing and options for a full set is as follows:
- Standard Caliper Covers Black or Red with MGP Logo Engraved in Silver, or Satin with MGP Logo Engraved in Black = $200.00
- Engraving in Red, White, Blue, or Yellow +$20.00
- BMW Logo Engraved in lieu of MGP Logo +$70.00
- Custom Graphics Engraving +$140.00
- Factory Match Paint +$100.00
My 1st thoughts:
- Red would look like a Brembo wannabe.
- Factory Match Paint for my Alpine White car would not look good and would be too hard to keep clean.
- ///M Logo for the Custom Graphics Engraving might be good on a true M Car, but not an M-Sport (even with the ///M Logo already on the rims).
Thus, I was thinking of going with just Black covers with the BMW Logo in Silver or White or Satin covers with the BMW Logo in Black.
What do you think?
- The Caliper Covers are cheap looking.
- Good, but not worth the money.
- Do it, and if so, which color combo?
- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips