Thread: 328i v 335i
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '09 335i msport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
This may also answer the above question on the steering feel. I have a few other things such as the end of the N/A I6, and larger size.

If all of the above, serve to have the 3 be more like the competitors, then to me it loses it own identity, not entirely of course, only by degrees....

..I believe this is what it means by being an enthusiast. If what you like, is the same as what the majority prefers, you cannot call yourself an enthusiast. Just IMHO of course.

So yes, the improved performance of the new 3 is less valuable to me, than retaining its own identity, differentiating it from the others.
Fair enough . According to that definition of an enthusiast, your comments make complete sense.

For me personally, it's the performance alone that draws me to bmw. I can get pretty much anything else that bmw offers or has offered, outside of performance, in other brands for some time now. So, yes this would make them just like the rest..and so by your definition, no longer unique (by value of omission) then the others. For me though, it's only the performance (for the price point) that makes bmw standout. My definition of a bmw enthusiast is that then; someone who buys it for the performance it can give you that others brands cant. And the F30, with the exception of the electronic steering system, seems like it will fulfill my expectations/wants.

Last edited by 7or8; 12-19-2011 at 01:15 PM.