Thread: 328i v 335i
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Mein Auto: '09 335i msport
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
Lexus IS is RWD
Yep, you're right. Here's the thing with me and the IS.. I have a friend with an IS. He loves it, but I feel pretty claustrophobic in it. My wife's car is a GTI, and it's probably smaller than the IS on the outside, but I'm not sure how Lexus managed to make the IS's interior feel so much more cramped then the GTI. A car the size of the e90, interior and exterior, is great for my needs/wants. Have you sat in an IS? What are your thoughts? Did you find it strangely cramped for the way it looks from the outside?

Also, I really don't like Lexus' nav system. I feel uncommonly angry when having to use it ..may need some therapy..

Aside, from that, the IS does not handle like a 3 series anyway, so... you know.

.., an Audi S4 with LSD is probably a better performer than the 335i.
I am under no delusions that there are awd cars out there that may handle better than a 3 series. But, like how many feel about the intangible feel of an inline 6, i feel about the feeling of a rwd car. AWD, is definitely not a deal breaker for me though...just not 1st choice. I did seriously consider an S4. It's still not completely off the table for me.

But if your real fancy is an M3, you are already different from most 3 buyers.
Yeah, probably.

Last edited by 7or8; 12-19-2011 at 03:56 PM.