View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i Convertible
Hi yikes, Sunny, Ctuna and all..

I have dropped my car this morning for another round of checkup.. The SA just called and said the #1 cause is Terminal 15 was on (according to the diagnostic test). He said basically that is like leaving the keyfob in the car. I told him that's totally an error then cos I live on the 9th floor, the car parked on the 5th. I locked my car every time I parked and of cos the keyfob goes with me home on the 9th. He said he understood what I was saying, but if they submit the test to BMW, BMW will not pay for the new battery. I said that was the same diagnosis the last time, Terminal 15 was on. But that time no one wanted to explain about #1 Cause, ie terminal 15 was on but all blamed it on my "unfavorable driving pattern". So I told him I should not be paying the battery cos now he was telling me the cause of this irrational battery pattern was due to "Terminal 15"? He said he would talk to his Manager. That was more than an hour ago when he called, he hasn't call back. So I am wondering even if the battery is replaced, the problem, ie the faulty Terminal 15 , still needs to be fixed. Seems like their solution is just to replace battery.