View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 View Post
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and have never owned a BMW, however its the car that I have always wanted. I currently have a RAV4 V6. I am not a BMW enthusiast but I would love to own the car. For me owning a BMW means status and making a statement. I have never driven a BMW, but from what I hear its like nothing else.

So now I am doing my research, first if I can afford it, and how to get a good deal.

You guys are all experts here and so I look to you to give me some guidance.

I am looking for the 3 series 328i. I don't know if xdrive is needed for me or actually what it is.

I would like to save some money so ED is something that i read a little bit but don't know how much I can save and if its worth it?

I am thinking of leasing as reliability is no something BMW is known for so I don't want to be spending $$$$ in repairs.

Since, I am a noob, sorry for my elementary questions.

Can I get a 2012 328 for 3 year lease for around $350/month. I want to be able to keep the payments under $400.

What about insurance, is it very expensive to insure a BMW.

This is all I can think for now, but please add your comments and suggestions as you please.
Whether you can afford it is not something we can tell you unless we knew a lot about your financial details. Unless you're willing to post them that is a decision only you can make.

X-drive is the all wheel drive version of the car.

Insurance is also unique to your situation. Call your insurance agent and ask for a quote.

As for payment go to a BMW dealer and speak with them. They can work out the details and once you have them come back and post them. People with lease experience are always happy to offer advice.