View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Forgot to add another important question:

What color?

Stick or automatic??

This has the makings of an epic thread. Let's give it a proper start. Also chime in with your exact specification/option list. Believe it or not the data will be helpful for me to create a profile of what I used to call the "Bimmerfest Spec.". With E46 it was manual transmission, sport, premium, xenon, and Harman Kardon. Titanium Silver was by far the most popular color. I also ask that once you start taking delivery of your cars, let's assemble a gallery of all the possible color combination -- especially the most rare/uncommon/exotic.

When I first took over Cutter BMW in late 1997, it was sort of like what you see today. 80% of all 3 series were Jet Black, Titanium Silver Metallic, or Alpine White.

As as artist, I think it is cool to let the creative juices flow. I began experimenting with exotic E36 color/interior combinations, and came up with one that initially sounded disgusting. Well, I ordered it anyway. The owner (Mr. Cutter) when he saw it on the availability report threatened me with, "If you don't sell it, you own it Shafer!"

Anyway, we sold the first one the first day it hit the showroom floor. After that, I made sure to order at least one with every allocation.

I present you Techno Violet Metallic with Modena Natur leather interior...
Sorry for the poor image quality. Digital cameras were pretty weak back in those days...

What do you predict will be the hot new color for F30? With E46 Steel Blue Metallic was probably the most popular overall, next to Silver and Black...

If you are still planning your purchase, what color do you plan on ordering?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	techno01.jpg
Views:	1355
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	305830   Click image for larger version

Name:	techno03.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	305831   Click image for larger version

Name:	techno08.jpg
Views:	146