View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 01:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpira View Post
Going back to the thread's original topic, I just drove a Lexus HS250h (I am spending a week with this car) and I was on the Upper West Side, close to the GW Bridge.

Because of traffic, I couldn't turn so the navi "suggested" I cross the GWB into NJ and come back.

I declined to follow this advice - but it was pretty funny to look at the map and see the routing.
I've had a similar experience where the Nav system routed an inexplicable detour when my destination was straight ahead on the same highway I started from. I've learned to zoom out (adjusting the view scale with the iDrive knob) to get a sense of the entire route before starting, and find that this often gives a valuable, common sense perspective.
2012 535i: Jet Black; Oyster and Black Nappa Leather; Dark wood trim; M Sport Package; Premium Sound Package; Technology Package; Premium Package; Active Roll Stabilization; Sport automatic transmission; Head-up Display; Power rear sunshade; Split fold-down-rear seat; BMW Apps; Side and Top View Cameras.