Thread: Saw one today
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
So, what you're saying is the typical Audi driver configures his A4 more conservatively (i.e. less sporty) than the typical BMW driver configures his 328?

The point I was trying to make is that comparably equipped (sport package, manual, etc.) the A4 and 328 are indistinguishable in the sorts of driving Americans do, i.e. not on a track. We may each prefer one over the other, and that's fine.
No. I'm saying that a basic 328 is a better drivers car than a basic A4. The 328 feels tighter and more connected. You don't have to go to the track to feel the difference. A spirited drive will do just fine.

Then again, I do get your point. Most drivers won't notice the difference because they just putt putt around to the point they probably wouldn't notice the difference between an Accord and an M3. I think it's safe to say that most drivers never push the peddle down any farther than necessary to gradually accelerate up to the speed limit. Most drivers slow down for every corner to the point that no cornering sensation is felt.