View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 04:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 750i
Dension GW500 - almost there but a couple gremlins

Okay, I just completed the install of the Gateway 500 in my 2005 750i. It seems to work as advertised except for the fact I do not get the title of the currently playing track scrolling at the bottom of the iDrive display.

As I have the facelift car I expected this to work as I have seen from videos posted of installs in cars similar to mine.

As you can see on the video, a few seconds after I have started playback of a track after browsing by way of the iDrive, all the track names on the list are replaced with "ERROR". If I hit "back" the list is restored but I still do not get the track info displayed.

I have updated the gateway with the latest firmware - at least I think so, it seemed to read from the flash drive I connected but the file that is supposed to be placed on the drive indicating a successful update never appeared.

This is not a deal breaker for me as I will not be playing music stored on the iPhone - I stream music to it instead in iPhone UI mode - but I do plan on connecting a hard drive to the USB port in which case I would like to be able to see the "now playing" information.

Any ideas? I have contacted Denison support but so far no response.

[media]
Advertisement