View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmeance View Post
That may very well be the case as BMW puts the build date of 03/05 as the start of MP3 capabilities. How do you like the Dension Unit? Is it fast and responsive or is it dreadfully slow? I've been wanting to get it for a while but no one here has posted really how well it works.
I've only had it for a couple of days but I'd say so far I am pleased with it. It does what I need. Remember this is about enabling an audio system from 5-6 years ago to handle the formats and storage media of today and pulling that off is pretty impressive IMO.

On my facelift iDrive the browsing of iDevices and USB storage is snappy, simple and effective. Audio quality is great (I have Logic7), it's no match for the Bose system in my CTS-V but for a German car it is better than expected.

I have heard the Denison described as a kludge but I think it is much better than that.

I bought a 250GB Verbatim 1.8" PocketDrive but it is not recognized. Might be that the Denison cannot provide enough juice over the USB link. Regular flash drives work well.

And again I primarily use it for playing music streamed to the iPhone so I use the Denison in "iPod UI" mode where browsing is done on the iPhone. I can still use the steering wheel buttons, though.

If I can get the "now playing" information to show up I will wholeheartedly recommend the Denison.

Last edited by politby; 01-02-2012 at 06:02 PM.