View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 06:08 AM

Mein Auto: '02 525i/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by emPoWaH View Post
This thread is great. One question for those who have performed this repair...

My passenger side front window won't even roll down; it's stuck in a "fully closed" position. (I don't need tape or anything to keep it shut.) This means I'll have trouble reaching the glass retaining clips, since they will be near the ledge of the window, where there's a bunch of metal in the way.

I'll need access to those two clips and torx screws, either to diagnose the problem (hopefully, it's just loose clips, not the regulator itself...) or to remove the glass to replace the regulator.

Any ideas? Can I push the glass down by force, or yank down on the cables as if I'm opening some old school dining room curtains?
If the regulator is still in working order then you would have to run it down and then use your hands on both sides of the window to guide it down to a working level. You will see it all when you get the door apart. I was able to remove my door panel and remove enough of the vapor barrier to work without having to disconnect the air bag. I had initially disconnected the battery but then hooked it back up so that I could plug my switches in and run the regulator down to the proper area to work on it.

BTW, my dining room curtains still have the 'old school' pulley system for opening and closing...