View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X5;2002 BMW 745i
I attached a picture of my connector. That's what it should look like. I searched realoem long and hard to try and find that connector but it seems like a part you'd have to get directly from AMP (manufacturer of these plugs).

BUT

You might not even have to worry about all that because I have bad news. If you look at that orange loop plugged into the two green wires with the pink shielding on one of the wires. That connector is for the fiber optic network of the car. What probably happened is the nav unit that you have is bad, which causes the music iDrive etc. in the car not to work with a broken unit, which caused the previous owner to "jump" the bad nav unit, re-allowing the rest of the car to work. If you take that orange loop off and plug THAT connector inside of the biggest connector (the center plug receptacle on the nav unit itself) you see in the picture and reconnect everything else to the nav unit then you can give the it another try but most likely you need to buy a new navigation computer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1209.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	306974