View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto: 2007 X3
so i had my mechanic rotate the gear 180 degrees in the actuator. This resulted in the ABS and Brake light going away, and he confirmed the XDrive was working, but the 4x4 light didn't go away. After driving it around for around 100 miles, the ABS and Brake light came back on. I also started hearing the honking noise after turning the car off. However, I also started getting friction/feedback/shaking on my wheels when turning slowly to the left or right, almost as if something was wrong with the 4x4.. has anyone felt this before?

I felt this a couple months ago (the friction/shaking on wheels when turning) when the 3 lights first showed up, but it went away. Has anyone experienced this?

I am starting to think I just need to replace the actuator with a new one (or that my mechanic didn't fully rotate the gear 180 degrees).
2007 X3 3.0si Minivan / Alpine White / Black Leatherette / Brushed Aluminum / Steptronic Transmission / Navi / Xenons / Premium Sound / 18" 205-Style Wheels / Ordered 4/4, Production complete 4/16, ED Pickup 5/15, ED Dropoff 5/24, Arrived on Integrity 6/17, VPC 6/19, Released to Carrier 7/9, Re-Delivery 7/12!