View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmeance View Post
Quick question, in Idevice UI mode, how long does it take to load your ipod as soon as you plug it in? Also can your browse the ipod on the car AND the phone at the same time? I have a USA-SPEC in my TL and you can do both at the same time and it takes only a few seconds to load. I remember a lot of folks were disapointed with the BMW interface because it took a LONG time to load up the songs, and I can understand that since I have an iphone now and just want to plug it in and go!
In device UI mode the next/prev track buttons on the steering wheel work (and volume of course) but you cannot browse the content using the iDrive, you have to do that on the iPhone.

Nothing is loaded in device UI mode so there is no delay. In gateway mode the Denison has to create/load the index from the phone. I do not use the phone to store music so I just tested with a couple of albums loaded and there was no noticeable lag.

With USB devices you can create an index on a PC which is then read by the Denison. The indexing program can be downloaded from the Denison site. I have 1,300 tracks on a USB stick plugged in now and browsing through them is very fast. But the absence of "now playing" info is a drawback.