Seems like nothing to worry about - during a Texas summer the thing will never shut off at a light based on this from the F10 forum: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=11
Originally Posted by esquilax
Good day gents....so what about the AC. I'm here in central TX and in the summer being a minute with out AC and no cooled seats is going to SUCK big time
The Auto Stop-Start doesn't kick in when:
1. Outside temp <3°C or >30°C with switched on A/C. <-- Thats <37°F or >86°C
2. Interior temperature not yet attained (i.e still heating up or cooling the cabin)
3. After driving in Reverse.
4. Battery is not fully charged
5. Engine not yet operationally warm.
6. Defrosting is in effect.
7. Stop & Go traffic
8. Engine bonnet/hood is unlatched.
9. HDC is activated
10. Large steering movement
Also, the driver can prevent the Stop-start function on a case-by-case basis. Immediately after the car is stopped but before the function cuts the engine, forcefully pulse/push the brake pedal to the floor then quickly release.
'02 E46 330i 5MT (ED Sept '02) - SOLD
'12 F30 335i Sport 6MT (ED May '12)