View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligaf-IA View Post
If the regulator is still in working order then you would have to run it down and then use your hands on both sides of the window to guide it down to a working level. You will see it all when you get the door apart. I was able to remove my door panel and remove enough of the vapor barrier to work without having to disconnect the air bag. I had initially disconnected the battery but then hooked it back up so that I could plug my switches in and run the regulator down to the proper area to work on it.

BTW, my dining room curtains still have the 'old school' pulley system for opening and closing...
Thanks! I wasn't able to completely disconnect the airbag anyway; I feared if I pulled any harder, I'd break a wire or two.

I managed to motor down those clips halfway before the regulator snagged. I picked up a new regulator today, but I can't get the darn thing off!

In one of the tutorials, it showed a Phillips screw attaching the clamp onto the door beam. I have a Torx screw instead, which won't budge at all. Instead, I've nearly stripped the Torx screw into a hexagon. Argh. Need more torque or something!

Any ideas from those who have successfully removed their regulator?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (4).jpg
Views:	94
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	307407  

Last edited by emPoWaH; 01-06-2012 at 06:54 PM.