View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
People who think a Cayenne is a sensible alternative, or a nostalgic fix of the 911 experience, obviously never cared or understood what is this thing called driving dynamics.

I am not blaming your wife at all, I cross-shopped a Cayenne as well when I was shopping for a crossover for my wife. She insisted I checked out the Cayenne.

While speaking to the salesman, it became apparent my wife was hardly alone. Many guys buy Cayennes for their wives so the guys can justify their own expensive toys.

You and I are clearly not one of them. In fact after I test drove the Cayenne, I failed to understand what was the big deal. It was still a crossover. Do people really believe they are driving a Porsche sport car when they are driving a Cayenne?

Luckily the payment on that Cayenne lease would have been nearly $1,400 a month, it wasn't difficult to change her mind and go for the MB SUV.

But I would have seen no issue getting a Porsche Cayman if the time comes.

Back to the topic. There are sports cars that are so intoxicating we will justify it for family purpose. But in the entry level luxury SPORTY car category, there is no reason to favor a coupe when the sedan is equally fun to drive and fits the family needs better.