View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 04:08 AM

Mein Auto: 1995 E36 M3 GT (EURO)
How to spend Christmas and the new year

Got my car back on the 16th of December from itīs 11 month stay in the UK. Unfortunatly upon arrival it was not compleate or at least good enough by my standards, so I deceded to pull the engine out. There were two gaskets missing from the rear turbo which could not be accessed with the engine in.
Also the Crankcase went was not routed the right way and had blown out the valvecover gasket and spilled oil everywhere.

Since the engine came out I decided to paint the engine bay. I started off by fixing some of the damage, sanding down and so on, but did not want to use filler and I don't know how to weld. After the first layer of piant (with a professional gun) I saw that the glossy effect would not really bring out the best of the damages on some of the panels, so I shot 2 coats of flat clear coat.
However, I did not like the flat finish on the struts so I went back to glossy for the struts, which ended of being a semi glossy finish. I kinda like the result, specially after the install of the motor.

Let the fun begin.. December 17th.. My first ever "engine out" operation. Remember that I am not a mechanic Extensive use of Ziplock bags and painters tape to mark everything..

Engine comes out on December 18th. Got some help from a local friend! My 9year old daughter on the camera

Me:

Ready for some treatment...

Since I had access.. why not paint!