Thread: Eeeewww!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 97 &99 528i, 05 e60 530i
Vanos on, new vacuum hoses on. I literally painted a red stripe on one and a white stripe on the other - cheaper than BMW hoses.

Intake is on, just gotta torque it down. Pulled all of the injectors to replace the o-rings. Let me warn everyone on this: Always pull the little metal clips from the injector electrical connection OFF and put them in a safe place. Had two fall out, found one sitting under the exhaust cam. No idea where the other one is, but I checked the head thoroughly for it. Probably on the ground.

Also, try to put the exhaust manifolds on the studs as you are putting the head on the block. I didn't do that and had to pull the blasted manifolds from the pipes to get them to fit on there. Man, what a horrible process, especially with no help. Picked up some of what I thought was copper anti-seize, turned out to be copper colored gasket maker. Can't put that on the exhaust studs. See what happens when you are lazy about paying attention to details?

I poured some cheap oil over the cams for the time being to lube them and also to wash down any garbage into the crankcase. I left the drain plug OFF so it would hopefully wash out. I'll put that plug back in before I fill it with good oil.

Going to pick up some oil and new spark plugs later, along with some COPPER ANTI-SEIZE paste, tighten down the exhaust manifold, fill it with oil, and put the valve cover on.

Battery is giving me a F03 error on the charger (figures, thats how Murphy rolls with me). Going to try to use it to crank the engine and run it over to have it tested.

Some pics now, more later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	011312131945.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	308436   Click image for larger version

Name:	011312154610.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	308437   Click image for larger version

Name:	011312160246.jpg