View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 08:12 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
I just got back from the NAIAS a little while ago. I'll put my pictures up on Picasa and post the link tonight or tomorrow. Edit: Ok, here's the link to the Picasa album: https://picasaweb.google.com/Tom.Fot...eat=directlink.

Some things I noticed looking at the new F30:
  • There is no way to replace the front side reflectors with body color/smoke/clear reflectors because they are behind a sealed fender well and there's no easy way to get to them.
  • The tray that goes on top of the drink holders in the center console stores in the glovebox in a mesh net on the top of the glove box. There is a velcro strap to hold it in place and to open the mesh net. It's in the shadow in this picture but it was hard to light it.
  • The front and rear brakes are much better looking than the E90. As an added bonus the brake bleeder vavle is on the front of the brakes and very easy to get to.
  • The trunk floor of the 328i and 335i are identical with the compartment possibly a little smaller than on the E90 328i and much larger than the E90 335i
  • There are two bag hooks on either side of the trunk near the hinge. There's also a larger compartment with a mesh net that pulls down flush with the floor if you don't need to use the net. There's a smaller one on the right side that operates the same way. There's also an elastic band on the wheel well hump probably that would probably hold a liter of oil.
  • The front end is beautiful! The hood line is not distracting and looks fine in person. Same with the headlights extending to the grille. The grille and the whole front end is much more three-dimensional.
  • The iDrive screen does not look out of place at all, especially when you look at similar three-dimensional designs used by other manufacturers. The area behind the screen isn't as much as a dust collector as I had originally though. A swipe with a feather duster will easily clean behind it.
  • What is a dust collector is the upward facing screen of the HUD. It was looking pretty bad on the third public day of the show. This will probably have to be cleaned regularly with a microfiber cloth at least as often as you clean your windshield.

Oh, the Estoril Blue II on the 335i with the M Sport Package is gorgeous!

[/IMG]

There was lots and lots of interest in this 335i with the M Sport Package. Everybody loved the color. There was also a 335is Convertible in Le Mans Blue to the right of the F30 and everyone loved that too, probably mostly because it was a convertible. It was a very popular for posed pictures. I doubt that most people knew they were looking at two different generations of the 3 Series.
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!

Last edited by SD Z4MR; 01-16-2012 at 09:57 PM.