View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 11:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X5
Jon,

I'm new to the forum but not new to BMW's. I have few questions. I am coming off a 2007 X5 that had a 106,000 miles on it. I drive like 22,000 miles per year. My X5 was in a bad accident ($15,000 in damages). To mkae a long story shot my insurnce company gave me two options. Option 1 was to have them fix the car. Option 2 was to have them give me the money $15,000 and they also had a salvage company that is going to give me an additoional $12,000 so I will net $26,000 since i have deductible of $1,000. So i decided to take the 26k and now i am without a car. So i am trying to find the perfect balance of comfort, sportiness, luxury, efficiency and i need xdrive because i go to tahoe in the winter and this is my only car I will own. I think the 2012 528xi fits the bill. My question is do you recommend the paddle shifters? My car guy is telling me that it will take a few months for me to get the car if i order it so i willing have to live with out paddle shifters in order to get the car from another location and i should have the car in about 1 week or so if i give him the green light. My main question, is would you recommend leasing the car since i put so many miles on it? My car sales guy is quoting me a payment of $842 per month this inlcudes tax 10,000 mile lease. I am aware of the extra money for the extra miles etc. THis is an 2012 with premium, sports, cold weather, tech package. Also do you like my car choice?