View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '05 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjohn24 View Post
I understand what you want to do, it may be worth looking at the factory DVD changer wiring, I'm 99% sure aux audio and video is routed through the video module. That may only be applicable for the 5drive tuner for rear entertainment. However the PCB looks to have provision for another two tuner modules like the 5drive. I may take the tuner apart and investigate the card more. It would then be a simple task of recoding the MMI to add DVD functionality.

Hope this helps

Stuart
This does help. Thanks again.

I already have the factory DVD Changer retrofitted into the car, using a VM5 ECE Tuner. The video does go into the TV/Video module, but audio is sent through MOST, just like the rest of the "Entertainment" modules. Attached is the EBA document - as always the wiring diagram is on the last page.
You can enable the DVD option on your MMI, but with the MMI being the master controller I expect it will "gray out" the DVD option with the DVD Changer hardware missing.

There is an AUX Video input on the TV/Tuner module according to WDS:
"In the case of PAL / SECAM 50 Hz, can be switched for NSTC to 60 Hz. For special solutions of BMW Individual"
TIS shows this as PIN 8 and 17, but only on a VM5 DRIVE (front and rear entertainment). This input may have been consumed when Night Vision came out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EBA 0146618 DVD Changer.pdf (1.05 MB, 308 views)

E65/E66 Parts for Sale:
Alpina Type 743 Front Spoiler complete retrofit kit (new in box) $1200
71 60 6 770 096 WARNING TRIANGLE WITHOUT CONTAINER $40
51 16 7 028 437 & 438 MIRROR GLASS HEATED PLANE LEFT & RIGHT, ELECTROCHROM
65 82 6 950 069 CONTROL DISPLAY (8.8") $200