View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 03:45 AM
AWD rocks

Mein Auto: '09 MB E350 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeo3000 View Post
I can't say enough good things about it. This was my first bmw, and i test drove a lot of different makes and models. Personally, I could not distinguish too much between the 4 cyl and the 6 cyl. I'm sure if you really mash on the gas from a full stop, you may feel some difference between the 4 and the 6, but for usual driving, you do not feel any great lack of power from the new 4. Now if you were deciding between the 528 and 535, I don't know since I haven't test driven the 535. There's a 20hp difference, and not sure what the difference in torque is, but I'm sure you'd feel some difference between the two. Another reason why i love the new F10 engine is that BMW has managed to get the same torque and performance from a 2l/4cyl as they had in their 3l/6cyl. So if you're deciding between the 2011 528 or the 2012 528, you would not feel any difference in performance. And on top of all that, you have 15% more fuel efficiency with the smaller engine! Can't beat that if you drive a lot and using 93 grade fuel.
I hear ya. I just can't imagine the longevity of the engine with moving around 4k pounds. I have no documented proof other than my gut feel but isn't it stressful on the engine components? Even while in London, Paris, and Rome on various trips, I saw more than a few 5s and Es but they always had the 6 cylinder. Now whenever I saw the 3 and C models, they always had the 4 cylinder.

I guess time will tell.

=========================
jaisonline
'09 MB E350 4Matic
Missing my '02 325xi w/ manual trans

one good site: www.realoem.com
=========================