View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikesStillRule View Post
Sorry for the 3 posts in a row but I forgot to ask something. I didn't get any feedback on the instructions and pictures. Do you think it's too much, too little, or just the right amount of detail? Did everything posted seem clear and concise? Is it stupid to include cotton swabs and a short piece of safety wire? My thought process was based on my own laziness. If I'm out in the garage, in the middle of a project, and I read instructions that say to apply something with a cotton swab, I'll grab anything handy to use that might work, instead of going into the house to get a cotton swab. Same idea applies to the threadlock. Many of you probably already have a threadlock compound in your possession, but there are so many different types, and whenever you grab an old bottle it's always plugged up or something. This way everything you need, except a few basic hand tools, is there at the time you open the package.
I think it's very detailed. That's what needed - the DISA is not hard to remove, and there might be people who are not mechanically oriented. With all the details, it's a true and easy DIY.

Thanks bud
TMS underdrive pullies - Stewart WP - PSS9 - Beisan Vanos seals - Zimmerman cross-drilled & Akebono Euro - Deka 649 MF - 55w HID headlights - 35w HID foglights - Hualigan double din - ACS (rep) alu pedals - Euro central storage console - Breyton Magic Racing staggered wheels - M5 bumper - M5 steering wheel - Tint
Stable: e39, e53, e46 & Tribby