View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 04:35 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhyberM5 View Post
If your buying your BMW "new" don't worry about the maintenance, its free for 50,000 miles. If you find a used M5 under 45,000 miles you still have that free maintenance from BMW. Service on the ///M engines especially today's M engines is pretty straight forward, BMW's labor costs are horrible if something breaks outside warranty the part can be $500.00 but the labor will be $1900.00, save up for a extended service plan. You will get your moneys worth and if not its a nice stress reliever.

Stay Positive, be safe, dream big, & make those dreams a reality Ty1gonz27! GOODLUCK!
This is a very good point. I have no idea what kind of financials he will be facing in a month let alone 5 years , far more to take into account than just meeting the price a seller sets.

What happens if like Khyber says you get a dud and have overextended getting the car, and you're facing those kinds of repairs?

What happens if gas prices spike even worse and you're stuck with a on a good day 14mpg car, with Euro type gas prices?

What happens if the one time you punch it on the highway after being so good, that's when you get nabbed and your premiums sky-rocket?

Just make sure you can live with those unforeseen things that could change a good situation (where you might drive something like a Jeep) to a bad one (where you get stuck with a BMW) and if it's worth it, enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty1gonz27 View Post
WOW everyone and there opinions I love it!! You see unlike most of you guys that have your jobs and went to college maybe having mommy and daddy pay for your schooling, I actually work. I have a job that consists of 24 hours a day 7 days a week and if you live in the U.S. making sure you can drive your wonderful bmw's because I am in the military and i have to risk my life and be away from my family and cannot enjoy the little things.
I only bring this up to add some perspective, it's extremely commendable the service you've undertaken and hopefully it really pays off for you, but there really isn't a reason to be self-righteous about it.

There are good, bad, arrogant, and humble, people in all walks of life and in all occupations.

Last edited by SuperTerp; 01-20-2012 at 05:34 AM.