View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330i
With the previous car, and I think I speak for a lot of the drivers, you ended up with chronic understeer and that was something that was just kind of standard, it was just one of the things you ended up dealing with. As much as this whole weight distribution has been brought up as an issue for ovals, in some respect it might be a bit of a benefit for street and road courses because it does allow the car to turn, maybe even too well. So that, from a handling perspective, was definitely different.

The other thing is the turbo engines; it's just kind of a different feeling. I didn't find it particularly difficult to get used to. It's not like we're going out there all of a sudden with 1000 horsepower, but there is a different style in throttle application through and out of corners. I think it's going to take some time to figure out how to get the most out of the car.

In the old car there had bit more low-end torque and not as much high-end horsepower so it was kind of linear in how you applied the throttle. So you got used to waiting to get to the point when you actually need the car to go and getting on the throttle. With this it's different because you have that little bit of lag, so you have to think ahead of time, "up there I want the car to be going so now I need to give it a little more gas now."

http://www.indycar.com/news/show/55-...th-hildebrand/