View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 04:17 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 728i
I need some guidance for this please. I have ordered the wiper double relay and have it now, have opened up the relay compartment in the engine bay and this is what it looks like (attached). N.B: The view is from the front of the car looking straight at it, the relay compartment is to the top right (it's a bit different from the magnum link).

Now, I'm not sure how to get to the relay part which is down below all of this stuff (it's a deep compartment). Towards the top, the long metal DME cartridge thingy with bundles of wiry stuff going into either has to be unscrewed very awkwardly horizontally (you can see the screws at either end) with very little space or if you look at the picture you can see a shiny metal perimeter which is one whole part that could slot out with some metal latches (which you can see at a few places around the perimeter, hopefully!!) being loosened. What's the correct method?

For the time being I've put the plastic cover back on without screwing the allen screws as it's a b*tch to get this cover on and off!! If it rains it shouldn't seep into the relay compartment at all. I'd like to get this sorted before I screw it back on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Relay Box.jpg
Views:	815
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	309406