View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330i
At age 39, Rubens Barrichello isnít quite ready to be a motorsports spectator.

The Brazilian F1 veteran will embark on an exploratory IZOD IndyCar Series test Jan. 30-31 with KV Racing Technology at Sebring International Raceway, team officials confirmed Jan. 27.

Barrichello, who has 332 career starts in F1 (11 wins, 68 podiums and 14 pole positions), suggested on Twitter last week that he wants to continue competing. Last week, he was replaced by Bruno Senna as Williams F1 second driver for 2012 alongside Pastor Maldonado.
"When I said that things were open (it) is because I still have lots of speed on me," he wrote. "Just like an old friend said: racing is in my blood."

Heíll be at Sebring with old friend and fellow Brazilian Tony Kanaan, who will compete for the second consecutive year with KV Racing Technology (this season in the No. 11 car). Kanaan was on the Sebring short course last week for further development of the teamís Chevrolet-powered Dallara DW12 chassis.

"As we can't keep the secret anymore, Rubens Barrichello will be testing for us. Very proud he can help KV Racing and myself with his feedback," Kanaan wrote on Twitter.

Oriol Servia (in the Lotus development car), Ryan Hunter-Reay and James Hinchcliffe (Andretti Autosport), JR Hildebrand (National Guard Panther Racing), and the Team Penske trio of Ryan Briscoe, Helio Castroneves and Will Power also will be on the track Jan. 30.

Justin Wilson (Dale Coyne Racing), Mike Conway (A.J. Foyt Racing), Dario Franchitti and Scott Dixon (Target Chip Ganassi Racing), Graham Rahal (Service Central Chip Ganassi Racing) and Charlie Kimball (Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing) join them Jan. 31.

http://www.indycar.com/news/show/55-...se-test-guest/