View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by robingo View Post
the other thing i noticed is that the progress isn't entirely 'smooth' - i know i saw the percentage go from 47%, 47.1%, 47.2%, 47.3%, 61%, 61.1%, etc....
It jumps like that. I don't know of any software installation progress indicator that is linear. They all seem to go in spurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robingo View Post
the other thing is (in my case) is that i notice my system required a complete shut down of the car, walk away, let the electronics go to sleep, and then come back and restart before the version displayed correctly as the 2012 maps (initially after the update the version page was blank)
Same thing. After the install completed, I checked my version, and it was blank. I shut the car completely off just for a second, restarted it, and then it showed the new 2012 version.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips