View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 06:34 AM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Are you sitting low or sitting high? I find that sitting low with my legs straighter out I tend to have more back pain, as much as I enjoy not looking at the top of the windshield all the time. By raising the height of the cushion and getting more bend to my knees, my back is much happier.

As a tall guy who tends to have lots of problems with headroom, I automatically put the seat all the way down when getting into a new car. I did this for my F10 when I first got it, but it ended up hurting my back. The other thing I would do would be to have the cushion "tipped" back, i.e. the front higher than the rear. Someone posted on here that they were told that leads to lower back pain. I flattened the cushion out front to rear and raised the seat to give my knees some bend that way and haven't had an issue since.
Thanks. I have been making exactly that mistake. I will try what you say. I have normally driven with front cushion high, back cushion low, back fairly upright. That may be the issue as you say.

I notice I don't have these issues in the Range Rover which has a more chair like seat.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels