View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 07:42 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Are you sitting low or sitting high? I find that sitting low with my legs straighter out I tend to have more back pain, as much as I enjoy not looking at the top of the windshield all the time. By raising the height of the cushion and getting more bend to my knees, my back is much happier.

As a tall guy who tends to have lots of problems with headroom, I automatically put the seat all the way down when getting into a new car. I did this for my F10 when I first got it, but it ended up hurting my back. The other thing I would do would be to have the cushion "tipped" back, i.e. the front higher than the rear. Someone posted on here that they were told that leads to lower back pain. I flattened the cushion out front to rear and raised the seat to give my knees some bend that way and haven't had an issue since.
I am 6ft and have had the exact same issue. Seat was low to the ground and tilted so front is higher than rear. My back was hurting after about 30-40 minutes of driving. Thought it was just me, glad (well not really) to hear someone else experiencing the same.

I changed the seating position so that it is about 85-90% as far up as it can go and adjusted the tilt so that the seat looks flat relative to the ground when you are standing outside of the car. This seems to have helped a little bit.